Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The problem with gaming


So lately I have been gaming with the MMOs a bit over the last 2-3 days. I won’t be buying any of them. While I enjoyed WAR a good bit, it very WoWesque and I am already a good deal further along in that game. There are a ton of games coming up for my 360 though. Batman looks awesome, FFXIII is close and there is Final Revenant out there.

The problem I am getting into lately is… the length of the game. Most of the action/platformers are 10-12 hours long. Let’s say I play an hour a night and maybe 2 hours a night on the weekend. I have killed the game in just about over a week. Very few games can keep my attention on the replay unless they are online and change due to other players. I love playing Halo3 online. I replayed the campaign twice and that is enough for me.

I have Warhammer: Dawn of War which was fun for about the first 10-12 missions but has now gotten to be build base, upgrade units and kick the shit out of everything. I will play through it all the way for the story but playing it again probably won’t happen. The game has got to be engaging for at least 40 hours these days or I feel that I have wasted immense amounts of money.

Luckily, I will soon be busy with manual labor in my off moments and won’t have to worry about any of this until that is over. What about reading you ask? I do read. I read fairly fast. The problem with reading is the same as the problem with in depth gaming.

“Hey dad, what you doing?”


Gotta love him :)

0 comments on "The problem with gaming"

Post a Comment

 

Martin Family Blog Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez